Third-Party Logistics Documents
Creating a Warehouse Shipping Order (940)
All 940 documents are linked to Sales Orders/Picking Lists in SAP Business One. Once a sales order is ready, it can be selected in the Pick and Pack Manager screen as seen below. Run this wizard and select the appropriate filtering to find the required sales order document.
- To run this wizard, navigate to Inventory > Pick and Pack > Pick Pick and Production Manager. This will display the following screen. Enter the range you want to process in From and To on the “Sales Order No.” criteria. The Pick and Pack Manager can also be accessed from the Sales Order screen by right-clicking and selecting “Generate Pick List”.
- Open Sales Order Documents are available to be selected from within the wizard.
- Select the orders and click “Release to Pick List”. This will create a pick list document as seen below. Make sure to check the box under Split Pick Lists By - “Document” when releasing more than one Sales Order on Step 1 of the PIck List Generation Wizard. Click “Next” then “Generate” on Step 2.
- Navigate to SPS Integration > Open Shipping Orders
Once the Pick List has been created with a status of “Released” it will show up in the “Open Shipping Orders” screen.
- Select the document you want to send to SPS and click the send button. Once this has been completed, the 940 document is transmitted to SPS.
Verify the status of the document by navigating to the message manager: SPS Integration > Message Manager.
Note: If in failure, please review the error message and contact your support.
If successful, the outbound Warehouse Shipping Orders will show up in the “Success” folder in the Message Manager:
Receiving Warehouse Shipping Advice (945)
The outbound 940 document will contain a reference to the Picking List ID as shown below:
The value is required to be returned on the 945 document from the 3PL.
The 3PL will send a 945 document to SPS, SPS will create a 945 XML document in the “out” SFTP folder that is processed automatically into a delivery in SAP Business One.
The delivery document will use the Vendor Ref Number sent on the 940 to identify the picking list and corresponding sales order. Once the delivery is created in SAP Business ONe, these documents will be closed and linked together.